Date: July 11, 2019
Thanks to feinmann0!
“Instagram will warn you if you are about to be rude! New anti-bullying measures include ‘offensive content’ warning and ability to block specific users’ comments
• Instagram announced a series of new anti-bullying measures for the site
• The new Restrict feature will let you hide comments from a specific person
• This will be done without notifying them, and comment will still show for them
• The feature will also prevent them from seeing if you’ve read a direct message
• Another tool will use AI to flag potentially offensive posts so you can rethink it”
I don’t like the net nanny thing, any more than anybody else…but you know what?…
…After decades of being online as an open BoyLover…I understand pointedly well, why such features as those outlined in this article would come into existence.
It’s the fault of the abusive a-holes online…and all the ISPs who wont enforce their own terms of service, and ban people from their service for their abusive behavior.
Most ISPs, seemingly, just want the money…and don’t care about much of anything else.
People should be free to discuss issues…All Issues…
…But where it comes to making direct threats towards other people, online stalking, using ISP services for offline stalking, planning or instigating an act of aggression or violence, public smearing, or generally just being directly abusive towards an individual or group…ISPs need to step up, and actually enforce their existing terms of service.
If they did…this sort of crap would plummet, from that alone.