Yule Love It!: Songs of the Winter Château Book III [48:35]
01) The Night Before Christmas
02) Hark The Herald Angels Sing
03) We Gather Together to Ask the Lord’s Blessing
04) Angels from the Realms of Glory
05) Angels We Have Heard on High
06) Joy to the World
07) God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
08) Once in Royal David’s City
09) Gather Around The Tree
10) Light The Advent Candle
11) Oh Come Oh Come Immanuel
12) One Bright Star
13) It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
15) Boars Head Carol
17) Come Little Children
18) In the Bleak Mid Winter
19) Star of Christmas Morning
20) How Quietly
21) Candlelight Carol
22) Lo How Rose E’er Blooming
23) The First Noel
24) A Child A King
25) Oh Come All Ye Faithful
26) Alleluia Acclamation Christmas
27) Bring A Torch Jeanette Isabella
I’m releasing this one a little bit early…but late November isn’t “too early”…
I still have to get the video exhibition put together for this one, at the time of this writing…I’m confident I’ll have it done by early December.
I should point out…this album was actually started just shortly after completion of “Yule in Strings”…But it got shelved for a long, long time…And I had a collection of tracks I wasn’t entirely pleased with…I pruned a few of those away, and probably should have taken at least one other out…but…I’m pleased with what is here.
I was beginning to wonder if I’d have this completed by Yule time…I’m happy to put out another alternative version [a la “Yule in Strings”] of this series…but, I’d been promising the third installment for at least a year now…so, I needed to get this done.
Unfortunately, as happens sometimes when a project gets shelved…sometimes you forget what you was doing, and you wander off the path a bit…and there are two different styles of track on this album…Several are of a more typical acoustic piano…and all the rest are “Baby Grand”…and the difference is obvious…I wanted to keep these albums as uniform as possible…Guess I didn’t.
I trust this will hinder no ones enjoyment of the album.
As to this series of albums…I set out to make a trilogy, and this is the third…
…Of course, there’s lots to do with alternate versions of the music already covered…I expect a second “Yule in Strings” at some point…and an orchestral album…plus a church organ album…If I can come up with something I find release worthy…I may even play around with the choir synthesizer…and I’ve got a few nice tracks with the Celtic harp…a few other synthesizers I’ve never even tried, are just waiting for me…
…I’ve got some stragglers, however…I don’t think I’m going to release most of the tracks I’ve pulled [over not liking how they turned out]…but I’ve still got some material I haven’t even loaded up yet, to see what I can do with it…There’s still a bit of fertile ground to dance upon…
…Which means there might be a small “encore” album, in the future…I make no promises…
…except that I’ll rummage through what I already have on hand, and see how many albums I can make of them…They’ll likely be small…like, ten or so tracks…But I’ll be releasing things, well into the future…
Possessed By The Treble: The Halloween Album [72:30]
01) Deep Red
04) Darth Vader
08) Anvil of Crom
10) Disney Haunted Mansion
11) The Horror
12) Night On Bald Mountain
13) Creeping Death
17) Could It Be Majic?
22) Das Boot Epitaph
23) Albinoni Adagio
Whew!…I didn’t even know this album was going to happen, especially not this year…Then things just fell into place. A few tracks probably could have been a little better…Not all tracks are Halloween related, either…but, over all, this is a good album…It fits the season.
I’ve stopped using the embedding code, that sidesteps the YouTube age verification.
Potentially, you’ve noticed that a lot of the embedded videos from YouTube are all giving a playback error?
For years, I’ve used the embedding code that is supposed to let anyone watch a video outright, without worrying about logging into YouTube to verify their age…This was done as a courtesy to my visitors.
As always…YouTube has recently made changes to their website…and from the looks of it, they’ve disabled this method of embedding…whether intentional, or not.
This means for me, that I have already dropped the usage of it…To be honest, it was annoying having to deal with a few things about it, anyway…I’m glad to be done with it.
But, now a ton of embedded videos won’t play on this blog…Fortunately, this is why I’ve always included a direct link to the YouTube video page…So, there should be no real issue…Just click on the link…Watch it on YouTube.
Songs of the Winter Château: Yule in Strings – The Mt. Gillis Bard Does Yule [51:22]
01) Sing We Noel [Spanish Guitar]
02) The Huron Carol [acoustic guitar]
03) Sweet Chiming Bells [acoustic guitar]
04) Sussex Carol [guitar]
05) Stay With Us [acoustic guitar]
06) I Saw Three Ships [Spanish Guitar]
07) The Snow Lay On The Ground [spanish guitar]
08) Pat a Pan [guitar]
09) Jingle Bells [acoustic guitar]
10) The Christmas Song [acoustic guitar]
11) I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day [Spanish Guitar]
12) Deck the Halls [acoustic guitar]
13) Here Comes Santa Clause [acoustic guitar]
14) White Christmas [acoustic guitar]
15) Carol of the Birds [guitar]
16) Veni Veni [acoustic guitar]
17) Still Still Still [guitar]
18) Wesford Carol [acoustic guitar]
19) Rockin Around The Christmas Tree [spanish guitar]
20) The Coventry Carol [acoustic guitar]
21) Oh Christmas Tree [acoustig guitar]
22) There’s A Song In The Air [Spanish Guitar]
23) The Friendly Beasts [Spanish Guitar]
24) Let It Snow [acoustic guitar]
25) O Sanctissima [acoustic guitar]
26) See Amid The Winters Snow [acoustic guitar]
27) Christmas Canon [acoustic guitar]
I honestly wanted this to be the fourth album [and potentially divided into two or three albums], but “Songs of the Winter Château: Book III” remains in it’s infancy…and I had all these alternate guitar tracks on hand.
At this late in the game, I’m not going to be able to crank out an entirely new holiday album.
It’s been a hard year…I’ll try to get back to work on Book III, and release it in 2017…Potentially, I may aim for a shorter album…and maybe you’ll get a Book IV and Book V because of this. Book III is, essentially, supposed to be the final piano holiday album.
On the whole, Yule in Strings is a nice album…Maybe I should have pruned a few tracks away…but, there’s nothing here that is especially hard to listen to.